Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I hate Turtles!


Been a while since I ranted on here. First let me explain, when I mean by turtles are not the incredibly ugly reptile creatures that hide its body in a shell like a fat guy hiding in a porta potty. What Im talking about it is a form of strategy used in the World of Warcraft battleground of Alterac Valley. The usual Battleground or BG for short has 40 on 40 player battle with each side having the choice of meeting objectives or going for the win. Each side has 2 leaders and 4 towers they can defend. The normal game has both sides capturing towers and destroying them, helping their side by gaining more honor points (which can be used by players to get powerful weapons and armor) and making it easier for their side to kill the main boss. A "turtle" occurs when one or sometimes both sides decide instead of trying to capture towers and kill bosses to just form up and win by killing each other until one side has no more lives. With both sides starting 600, it can take a while, although by capturing towers and killing the mini-boss you can drastically lower the opposing sides lives and achieve straight out victory by killing the main boss. Last night, in my quest to gain more honor points so I can get some armor my character desperately needs, I ended up fighting not one, not two, but 3 freakin turtles! One of which lasted almost an hour! I could have of course left the match early only to have to wait patiently for 15 minutes before I can participate in another BG match. And if you know me, you know patience is not a virtue I have in abundance. Needless to say, I still havent enough honor yet to get what I want so I will have to try again tomorrow night. Wish me luck! If you would like some more information on turtles, please visit http://www.wowwiki.com/Turtle_(PvP).

No comments: