Monday, October 6, 2008

Wha.. NHL started this weekend?!


Why wasnt I told? OMG! I had no idea that the NHL started the regular season on saturday. I must have been too preoccupied over Tennessee's upset win over Northern Illinois to notice. One thing I dont get is why did the opening games take place over seas? I know hockey is not as famous over here as say baseball (which in my opinion s being shoved down our throats, no offense but Im ready for it to end) or football but having the opening game take place in Sweden is not helping the cause. Nashville of course decided to open the season with a 0-2 loss to Carolina. Hopefully its not a sign of things to come. If the freakin gas prices go down, I might try to go to a game this year. I got to go to a Nashville game last year and let me tell you, it was the most fun I have ever had at a live sporting event. Watching a NHL game live instead of on TV is like having steak instead of McDonalds, simply better. If you ever get a chance to go, please do it. If youre any kind of sports fan, you will like it.

No comments: