Sunday, December 7, 2008

Boy was I wrong.

The Punisher: Warzone, was one of those movies that when announced, really got me hyped up. THe Punisher that came out a few years ago is still one of my favorite movies and a sequel was one thing I couldnt wait for. Once my expectations and hopes were raised, the news broke that this was not going to be a sequel, but a do over. It killed me. Once that hit, the news hit that Thomas Jane who I thought did an awesome job was being replaced and there were worries about the story and drama between all the people involved. Well, the night has finally arrived. I had told myself not to expect too much and try to enjoy the movie no matter what happened. Only thing I can say now after seeing this film, WOW! This movie is straight up awesome. Tons of action, lots of gore and a pretty good story. Not only all that, a fantastic cast especially Mr Ray Stevenson who played the Punisher this go around. There were some moments that could have been better of course, but nearly everything in this film clicked. From the opening scene with The Punisher dropping in at a mobster's house during a party with the skull emblem proudly displayed on his chest till the gory violent end. If you were a fan of the comic, especially during the time it was written by Garth Ennis, then this film is tailor made just for you. Its fun, over the top crazy and perfectly fitted with tension and mood. I cant describe just how much I was blown away by this film, especially due to my discontent coming in. Marvel has definitley hit another home run rebooting this franchise. While I still beleive that a straight sequel to the last one would still have been good, it will be very hard to top Punisher Warzone. I give Punisher: Warzone on the Heath scale a score of 9 out of 10.

No comments: