Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Once again, I am denied


The company I work for fortunately is still doing pretty good business. With the economy the way it is I am very grateful to have a decent paying job even if I have to put up with some stupid crap. ITs not what I want to do the rest of my life, but of course nothing really is. I can best relate to the movie Office Space, where when asked what he would do with a million dollars, Peter stated that he would do nothing. Thats my philosphy exactly. Yeah I may be a lazy bastard but hey thats me. Anyways sorry bout that, this whole month, my company has posted voluntary lay offs. Anyone who wanted could take anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks off, of course making only unemployment. I decided to take just one week, that being next week the first week of February. Naturally, just as my luck usually runs, right when I got to the point where I'm looking forward to my upcoming time off, My Dept at work (where Im the only employee) gets swamped with orders. I know this is a good thing, job security right? And with these orders coming in, I was told today that my week off next week my be denied and I will be expected to be at work. ITs not like a big deal or nothing, but I was looking forward to being able to just lay around the house doing nothing but surfing the net and playing WoW.

No comments: