Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sometimes, you just need to know when to stop.

Oh yeah, as a big fan of animated movies, I have been waiting for this ever since I heard it was coming out. Not one but TWO movies all together on one DVD. I went straight to Wal-Mart after work monday night and waited for the stock crew to put up the new releases at midnight and I bought me one. When I got home I realized that the whole thing was like an hour and 15 minutes. Kind of a rip but I wasnt about to let that get me down. Ive decided to review these 2 films separately, so first off:


Hulk vs Thor

I was pretty disapointed with this movie. I dont know I just couldnt get into it. My main thing is that Ive never been a big Thor fan or a fan of the whole Asgardian part of the Marvel Universe. Truthfully, Ive never been a fan of ancient mythology in comics to begin with. I think its kind of a cheap out, where a writer cant think of a good origin story for a character so lets just make him or her a god and say they have whatever powers we can think of. Anyways, the story itself for Hulk vs Thor was good. I liked the whole Hulk gets sent there by Loki to kill Thor and he fights all the gods and everything. I love the animation style they used. I just dont like the characters that much, Im sorry, I know thats not a good reason to not like it, but thats what it is. I personally think that the idea was great but the execution of that idea could have been handled better. So for Hulk vs Thor, on the Heath-Scale I have to give it a 4 out of 10.





Hulk vs Wolverine


Now this movie, I loved. I thought the flow was better it had better fighting and the supporting cast was more to my liking. I know its favoritism, but I just cant help it. My only complaint is that it was too short. I feel like they should have had more fighting between Wolverine and Hulk. I do love the fact that they added the Weapon X guys. Deadpool is one of my favorite characters and to see him in an animated movie is just unbelievable. I thought this movie was written better and the characters was just more interesting. Again, not a valid reason but thats just the way it is. I have to tip my hat off to Mr Nolan North, the actor that voiced Deadpool. I know he probably had nothing to do with the script, but he had me rolling throughout the film. He really brought Deadpool to life and the same to the rest of the guys. This was easily one of the best movies that Marvel has put out lately. I give Hulk vs Wolverine on the Heath-scale a score of 8 out of 10.



No comments: