Saturday, February 21, 2009

The End of an Era

After 16 years, Late Night with Conan O'Brien is done, finished, kaput. Televison lost tonight one of the best programs ever to be put on the air. The Late Night show will start airing new episodes on March 2nd with Jimmy Fallon as the new host. I think that he will do a decent job, he wont be as good as Conan, but thats not really why they brought him in either. Conan will be getting ready to take the reins of the Tongiht Show starting in June. I can only hope that they can recreate half of the goodness that was Late Night. From what I gather, most of the staff and crew are making the move to LA with Conan including Max Weinnberg and the Max Weinberg 7, who have been the Late Night band since the beginning. I for one cant wait to see the new Tonight Show and I will definitely be looking forward to watching regularly starting in June.

No comments: