Sunday, May 24, 2009

Number 4 and ready for more

Terminator: Salvation is the 4th film in the storied franchise. This film acts as a prequel to the previous films as having taking place before the events of the first Terminator. I for one really liked it. Ive never been a huge Terminator fan but I did like the first one and of course T2. I still think T2 is one of the best films and easily among the very best movies that are sequels. The first one is still a classic and the third wasn't god awful so that's a win in the books for me as well.
This movie takes place in our future after Skynet has become aware and began its war on Humanity. While trying to help the resistance that has risen up against the machines and, John Conner using the knowledge of the future, comes across something even he didn't expect. This film is full of action, some throwbacks to the true fans such as the classic lines, "Come with me if you want to live" and of course "I'll be back". Christian Bale once again nails the performance of John Conner and Sam Worthington easily steals the movie as Marcus Wright. We also get to hear Christian Bale slip into his Batman voice several times and even an appearance by the Governator, even if it was mostly CGI. The one thing that this movie could have used was Summer Glau, the sexy female terminator from the TV show. I for one cant wait for the next one. I give Terminator: Salvation a score on the Heath-meter of 8 out of 10.

No comments: