Sunday, March 15, 2009

A nice surprise

Sometimes in life you are pleasantly surprised. I wasn't all too hyped over this film, heck I had even put it out of mind as to going see it. I was planning to go see Street Fighter but due to the hick town mentality that the theaters in my area suffer from, I was unable to do so. However, since I had heard of this movie and knew that the 2 main characters (pictured above) are both part of one of my favorite comedy groups, The Whitest Kids u Know, I decided to go see it. My expectations held true. This movie while granted the premise is pure Hollywood cliche, is pretty funny. There are a few jokes that fall flat, but most work and the one thing I loved that's been missing from recent comedies is that the jokes keep setting up for future story points. No joke it seems is a one and done. The story revolves around two life long buddies, Abstinence minded Eugene who is in love with his high school sweetheart and Tucker, who is addicted to playboy magazines and tries to emulate that lifestyle in his own life. Eugene promises his girlfriend that he will finally be ready to have sex on their prom night. Just when the moment is to happen he instead of going upstairs to be with her ends up getting wasted with Tucker, falling down a flight of stairs and ends up in a coma for 4 years. When he wakes up he comes to find that his girlfriend is now playboy model and he and Tucker roll out to find her. A lot of things on the way go horribly crazy, including Eugene's atrophy, foul named rappers, revenge driven Firemen, Russian lesbians and of course if you have seen the trailer, a girl getting thrown out of a moving bus. Definitely cliche driven but clever and funny enough to be a good movie. I give Miss March, on the Heath-scale, a score of 7 out of 10.

No comments: