Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adventurecon '09

This weekend in Knoxville was home to the annual Adventurecon. Evey June, fans from all over the eastern Tennessee area and beyond gather at the Knoxville convention center to celebrate everything from comics, movies and more. This year was the 4th year that I have been able to attend. This year was also the best so far of all the times Ive went. Besides the many stalls set up throughout the convention floor selling comics, action figures, and other merchandise, they also have celebrity guests and comic artists. I spent quite a bit of money at the only DVD stand that was there this year. Most of the time there are several set up but unfortunately only one this year. Besides wasting my money on movies, I was able to meet and receive an autograph from the gorgeous Christy Hemme, who was also the Babe of the Week last week. I also got a sketch for my sketchbook by the creator of The Crow, James O'Barr. I didn't get to meet but I did get to see Lou Ferrigno, Mick Foley and got to stand next to the Delorean from Back to the Future. Now that its over, I cant wait for next year.

No comments: