Sunday, June 28, 2009

Autobots! Roll out!


Finally. After several weeks of comedies, I was ready for a big summer action movie. A movie where there is no real story beyond getting the characters from one location to another. A movie where everything you see gets exploded to hell and there are hot chicks running around. Transformers 2 delivers on all of those fronts with ease. I really liked the first Transformers movie, mainly because it ended up being way better than even the slightest amount of hope I had for it. With this one, I was ready for what awaited me and I think that's the main reason, I didn't like this one as much. This time around Sam and company are trying to find an energy source before the evil decepticons find it and use it to power a machine that would *gasp* destroy the sun and kill us all. Most of the robots are back from the first one and there are many more added to this movie, most notably Soundwave, the former boombox decepticon who in this film changes into a satellite orbiting the Earth. Also appearing in this film is the true Devastator who is made up of 6 separate decepticons and my all time favorite Transformer, Ravage, whose robot form resembles a panther. Most of the human cast return as well for this time around. Missing are the hot chick computer hacker and Anthony Anderson and Jon Voight. The cast performs admirably, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson are all military, Shia is running around and Megan Fox just looks hot. It was a very enjoyable film. IT made me laugh, awed me with huge explosions, and truly gave me my money's worth. The final battle alone makes up for about 45 minutes of the films 2 hour film time. A great movie to see if you re wanting some good summer blockbuster fun. I give Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen a score on the Heath-meter of 8 out of 10.

No comments: