Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not a great way to start the new year

First movie of 2K9! Too bad it was Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I had some high expectations for this film. I like Kevin James, and this film being produced by Adam Sandler's production company; Happy Madison, I was for sure to see some his zany humor as well. While this film did have some truly funny moments, it was too bogged down by overly sensitive feely good scenes and it spent way too long trying to be funny in some places. After the way too long build up showing just how much of a loser this guy is, the film finally takes off in what I think could be described as a comedic version of Die Hard. Also appearing along side kevin James is Grundy VA native Jayma Mays who has also appeared in Epic Movie and in Heroes. My final thoughts, wait for this to hit HBO where you can watch it for free late at night when youre bored out of your mind and dont have to worry about wasting your money. On the Heath Scale, I give Paul Blart: Mall Cop a score of 6 out of 10.



No comments: